Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ahhhh... This place has PACKAGES

Having gotten my blasted scratchbox working, I didn't seem to be any closer to compiling anything. I needed several packages and they weren't in the default packages available in the initial set up. Why, o why don't they give you any useful repositories right from the start in your scratchbox setup? I mean, COMEON!

So, the good news is that Hacking the N810 pointed me in the direction of http://gronmayer.com/it which is now officially my second savior of the day (right after Gnuton).

At Gronmayer.com I was able to search for the packages I was looking for, find out what repositories they live in and set up my /etc/apt/sources.list in the scratchbox accordingly.

Just remember, you have to set up configuration files like the /etc/apt/sources.list for EACH target you are running in scratchbox, especially if you plan to be doing cross compilation.

No comments: