Monday, October 8, 2007

Most Israeli Web Development Sux

Why? Because they think that it's OK to develop important sites for IE only. Those of us on Linux are outa luck if we want to use a bank website or do anything at a government website or even use half the businesses in this country. It's stupid in the extreme, and if I had my way, I'd line up all the decision makers who thought that this was acceptable and slap them each upside the head one at a time. Since I don't have the opportunity, however, I have two different solutions.

The first is the petition. If you live in Israel, if you read or use Hebrew Websites, or if you ever have to do business with idiotic Israeli-based sites that are written for IE only, go sign this petition. We can hope that in time it will not be necessary to do the second step at all, and we can all live a Microsoft free life if we so choose. Wouldn't that be lovely?

The second thing to do is load IEs4Linux. Then you can run IE on your beautiful Linux machine or Mac when you really, really have to, and live in peace the rest of the time.

Of course, this also means that if you are a Web developer who works on Linux, you can still create sites that are usable for those that choose to use IE. You see, because it's all about freedom, and if one of my customers wants to use IE, that's their business, and I should not get in the way of their ability to spend money at my site just because I don't like their browser. See?

Live and let live. That's what I say.

No comments: